Sunday, May 20, 2012

GADGETS: iPad 2 Review

My iPad 2 ;)


As most of my friends would know, I have an iPad 2 and it is one of my most prized gadgets! I'll admit that I'm a huge Apple fan and yes, the iPad 2 was a nice addition to my collection. ;)

I currently have a 16GB iPad 2 and the software version is 5.01 which I think is pretty much updated compared to the version 4.1 that I had previously. I have even affectionately named my iPad, Dimitri and it has been a must have gadget ever since! :)

Many have asked as to why I have not chosen the Samsung Galaxy Tab or the Acer Tablet instead but honestly, the answer to that question is clearly simple. Being a long time Apple user, it is only comfortable to use the iPad 2 instead of the other tablets out there. It is of the similar interface as the iPhone and considering how I already have iTunes installed, it is truly easy to use. A simple sync is all that is needed to transfer all of my songs to the iPad 2.

Note that, if you have not used an Apple product before this, using the iPad would be a little bit tricky. You might not be used to the Apple interface as each brand has very different user interfaces.

5 Reasons Why You Should Get An iPad 2


1. Fluidity


First off, the whole fluidity of the iPad 2 is truly appealing. I especially like to pinch the screen. :P There's the whole new feature where you use 4 fingers to open the small mini task bar to switch to other applications. That feature makes everything much more simple and fast. Another feature worth mentioning is the new split keyboard feature which makes typing much more easier! Basically, when you have the keyboard divided at either end of the screen, it makes typing all the more enjoyable. It feels as if you're typing a text message to a friend. ;)

A. Feature #1: the small mini taskbar

B. Feature #2: optional divided keyboard 
(BEFORE)


(AFTER)

2. Resolution

I've saved tons of pictures on my iPad 2 and depending on the quality of the pictures, the resolution differs with every different kind of picture. But speaking from experience, viewing pictures on the iPad 2 are a true joy to the eyes. :) Below are some examples.




3. Web surfing

Surfing the web on the iPad 2 is incredibly smooth too. You can open almost up to 8 tabs at once and pictures are saved easily with a simple touch. Also, if you happen to be reading a PDF file while browsing on Safari, you can always choose to open it in the Adobe Reader app which is available for free on the App Store. ;) There is also an option to print pages of sites that you find interesting.


4. Visually attractive

I've just changed my iPad 2's cover and honestly, it was a nice change from the previous white chocolate colour I had. The iPad 2 is slim and you can buy the covers at just about anywhere. Currently, I have the pink one. ;) Do take note that an iPad 2 cover in Msia might just cost you a sum of RM250++


5. Durability and recommended applications

As of right now, I have a number of 90++ applications on my iPad 2 and it has been running just fine. I have been using the iPad 2 for about 5 months now and its safe to say that I've yet to experience any random lag during web surfing or power shutdown while watching videos. I have to stress that I've yet to drop my iPad 2 so yes, do not expect your iPad 2 to run smoothly if it has been dropped from a high level several times. It is after all just a device. ;) With proper care, any device would surely be of good companion. ;) Some of the applications I would recommend would be as listed below,

Top 10 apps you must have!
  1. iBooks
  2. Google Translate
  3. Dictionary
  4. Adobe Reader
  5. Classes
  6. iTunes U
  7. iCurrencyPad
  8. Viber
  9. TuneIn Radio
  10. Fun Collages
P.S.
These apps are essential to have and depending on your personal preferences, apps such as Classes are ideal for students as the app is designed to arrange your classes and thus being your personal mobile timetable on the go! :)

P.P.S
Last but not least, being an avid iPad 2 user myself, I would highly recommend anyone to get an iPad. Be it the iPad 2 or the new iPad, both are a real treat to have. ;) Do take note that it is highly recommended to install the latest version of iTunes as the iPad 2 won't sync to your iTunes if your iTunes version is too old. Apple products requires an update every now and then, so yes, those updates do make a difference! :D So do update your iPad 2 whenever you can! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment